Your dog is your baby and as a dog parent, you know that you can only give him or her best care. You know how much your dog means for you and trust us, we know it as well. This is the reason why we always try to provide the best ever care for your dog at our boarding in Edmond, OK, when you are out of town. If you think, the journey will be hectic for your dog and you wouldn’t be able to give him or her adequate the time they require, our boarding home is the best option for you. They will be involved in activities, have proper food, vaccines if required, grooming and everything else you can think of. Every dog is special to us, so we keep special arrangements for them all; they will not feel uncomfortable, bored or alone.
If your trip is not hectic and you are going on a vacation that your dog will also enjoy, you can take them with you. But, there are some considerable points that you have to keep in mind so that the vacation stays enjoyable for your dog.
Boarding a Flight
The flight journey may seem hassle-free for you, but it is not necessarily that way for your dog. It can be a tough experience for your dog. Lots of different noises, smells and sights can cause anxiety to the dog. Also, there are some rules from the airlines when carrying your dog in flight. They have to be less than 20lbs and you should have a proper dog crate for them. It is best to either keep it in dog boarding in Edmond, OK, or avoid flying, for your pets sake.
Physically being with you is not enough for your dog to keep it healthy. He might enjoy staying with you and feel happy, but his health needs proper attention to stay fit. The change in the schedule, diets and environment can be difficult for a dog to cope with. If you take your kids to Disneyland, you would have to keep your dog in a hotel. This situation can be stressful for them. Physical and mental engagement is required for the dog which is guaranteed at the dog boarding in Edmond, OK.
Safety and Comfort
You may be thinking to leave your dog at a friend’s home while you are out. But friends can have limitations and considerate situations where your dog may be uncomfortable. Also, you know your dog, they don’t. They may become confused how to deal with an emergency if it arises. With dog boarding, you can be sure that your dog is under professional surveillance, in terms of food, medicine, health checkup and everything else. There would be safety and comfort for your dog.
If you are thinking of choosing a dog boarding facility in Edmond, OK, you should consider these below mentioned points to find the best one.
- Cleanliness is important for everyone, including your dogs. The food bowls, beddings floors and the entire area should be clean. Otherwise, your dog can fall sick.
- Make sure all the dogs in there are vaccinated and do not forget to vaccinate your own dog as well. It will protect them from any kind of germs and infections. Rabies, Parvovirus and Bordetella are the important vaccines which are imperative.
- Check if the place is big enough to accommodate the number of dogs they care for. The place should not be suffocating and small. This could make a dog anxious and uncomfortable.
- Know if they have a vet or emergency clinic so that emergencies can be handled well.
- Know if the employees are Pet First Aid Certified or not. Observe their behavior. You will know if they are friendly enough or not.
- Ask about the activities they involve the pet in. Dogs are playful and without activities, they become bored, agitated and depressed.
We are Puppy Paws Salon and Spa, one of the most reputable dog boarding centers in Edmond, OK. We have all of the above-mentioned facilities to keep your dog healthy and happy until you return and can take them home again.