If your job demands you to travel a lot, then consider a professional dog sitter for your furry friend. You don’t want your dog deal with separation anxiety or getting into things he shouldn’t. It is always better to trust an expert.
Dog sitting in Edmond is catching up fast, as more and more dog owners are using the service. Hiring a professional dog sitter comes with many advantages.
- Your dog will be comfortable: A professional pet sitter knows how to handle a dog properly. You can rest assured that in your absence, your dog will be in safe hands with lots to keep him busy.
- Proper treatment in case of emergency: During any sickness the dog sitter will get him the proper attention.
- Maintaining daily diet: If your dog has special dietary needs or is not a free feeder, leave him alone with a bowl of food is not the best idea. A dog sitter knows what, when and how much your dog should eat.
- No interruption in the daily routine: Dogs are very sensitive animals. An expert knows how important it is to maintain routine stimulation through play. Since you are hiring a professional dog sitter in Edmond, they will make sure your four-legged friend stays in good spirits.
- No travel stress for your dog: Being a dog owner you must be aware of the fact that traveling can stress out your furry friend quite easily. Dogs get agitated while covering a long route. It is better to keep them in the cozy nest and safe hands, while you finish your errands.
- The dog sitter guarantees the well-being of your dog: Dog sitters have been trained to handle each type of dog. They won’t take long to make friends with your dog.
Before hiring any dog sitter in Edmond, ask your friends, family and neighbors who they use and recommend. Form a relationship with your dog sitter to ensure he’s indeed being left in good hands while you’re away.
Before you leave town, you want to ensure that your dogs are in safe hands. One way is to hire a dedicated pet nanny. Pet sitting is a lot like babysitting; care must be taken to choose someone you can trust. Knowledge is power, so knowing what to look for in a bad pet sitter in Edmond will help you find a good one.
Here are the 5 things to look out for in a bad dog nanny:
- Feeding Area: Is there food on the floor? Is the water bowl empty or filthy? It is the job of a pet sitter to keep food and water bowls clean and full and the area tidy. For outside dogs in Oklahoma’s heat, water should be checked at least twice a day.
- Potty Stains: Do you smell anything…funky? If your dog was meant to be let out to potty every few hours and was not, there may be evidence. This is important for two reasons: a pet nanny should keep the house clean of pet stains in particular and ensure your dog gets frequent outings to relieve himself.
- Damage: Some dog breeds are more susceptible to separation anxiety than others. When you are gone for a while, your dog may become anxious and chew on furniture and window moldings, or scratch doors in an attempt to break free. A good pet nanny should visit often enough to avoid this and also be someone the dog trusts.
- Unexplained injuries: Outdoor pets get the occasional bump, bruise or sticker, but if some medical problem is lingering and your pet sitter did not tell you, either they didn’t care to investigate or they intentionally left you in the dark.
- Hostility: Have you noticed your dog’s behavior around the pet sitter the next time he or she paid a visit? Dogs can sense when you’re about to leave for a trip, often making them sad, but if they exhibit signs of fear or mistrust of your pet sitter, find a new one.
Puppy Paws Salon and Spa is a reputable dog nanny in Edmond. Their staff is sure to treat your dogs as if they were their own!
Many people have come up with innovative ways of providing personal services even with a struggling economy. Pet sitting is a great way to earn some extra income by helping take care of pets while enjoying their company, charm, and playfulness.
These services come in handy when people or their families have to travel for significant periods of time and cannot bring their dogs. By having a pet sitter, pet owners are assured that their pets will get good care and be fed while they are away. Pet sitters will walk pets, feed them, bathe them, take them to a vet if needed, and just give the pets much needed companionship. Continue reading