If your job demands you to travel a lot, then consider a professional dog sitter for your furry friend. You don’t want your dog deal with separation anxiety or getting into things he shouldn’t. It is always better to trust an expert.
Dog sitting in Edmond is catching up fast, as more and more dog owners are using the service. Hiring a professional dog sitter comes with many advantages.
- Your dog will be comfortable: A professional pet sitter knows how to handle a dog properly. You can rest assured that in your absence, your dog will be in safe hands with lots to keep him busy.
- Proper treatment in case of emergency: During any sickness the dog sitter will get him the proper attention.
- Maintaining daily diet: If your dog has special dietary needs or is not a free feeder, leave him alone with a bowl of food is not the best idea. A dog sitter knows what, when and how much your dog should eat.
- No interruption in the daily routine: Dogs are very sensitive animals. An expert knows how important it is to maintain routine stimulation through play. Since you are hiring a professional dog sitter in Edmond, they will make sure your four-legged friend stays in good spirits.
- No travel stress for your dog: Being a dog owner you must be aware of the fact that traveling can stress out your furry friend quite easily. Dogs get agitated while covering a long route. It is better to keep them in the cozy nest and safe hands, while you finish your errands.
- The dog sitter guarantees the well-being of your dog: Dog sitters have been trained to handle each type of dog. They won’t take long to make friends with your dog.
Before hiring any dog sitter in Edmond, ask your friends, family and neighbors who they use and recommend. Form a relationship with your dog sitter to ensure he’s indeed being left in good hands while you’re away.
Whether you are planning a long trip or just running some errands, leaving your dog alone at home can be tough. Dogs can suffer separation anxiety, get into things that could be harmful, or ruin your house to pass the time. To avoid this trouble, a professional dog sitter can be a lifesaver while you are not around.
Here are few important points to note when choosing the right sitter for your dog.
Don’t just pick anyone who responds to a free web classified ad; hire a pro pet sitter. There may be plenty of college students around Oklahoma City willing to look after your dog for a few bucks; but can you really trust them? When it comes to entrusting the health and safety of your four-legged friend to a stranger, find someone trusted by someone you trust.
Use agency screening!
You will find many brick and mortar and web-based agencies who can recommend top-quality dog sitters in Oklahoma City. To save time, contact these agencies. They can recommend a professional sitter complete with reviews and feedback from previous clients.
Meet the sitter before hiring!
Don’t just go by the reputation of the dog sitting agency. Before hiring the sitter, meet him or her personally and provide an opportunity for them to meet your dog while you are around.
Does this dog sitter have dogs of their own? Do they love dogs, or just the pay? How have they handled issues with other dogs they have cared for?
Don’t wait until the last minute!
It goes without saying, but sometimes we get so caught up in planning for a trip we forget about something as important as finding a qualified, trustworthy person to visit our homes every day! You’re giving a key to this person, remember!
Have a budget in mind!
Discuss your budget with the sitter, and don’t be afraid to negotiate the rate down. Many dog sitters will charge by the day, including one or two visits to your home.
Dogs don’t like to stay away from their owner for a long time. But if your job requires extensive travelling, hiring a someone friendly to watch over your dog is a good idea. At first, your furry friend might not like the idea, but slowly things will fall into place. The dog sitting in Oklahoma City will help you to make the right choice.