General Job Description
Uphold our Core Values, which we go over in our Face to Face interview. Reliability is a must, we are caring for precious pets Help to maintain and promote a positive culture, dogs are very intuitive and can pick up on negativity + it’s important to us for the team. Oversee and interact with dogs of all sizes in open group play with 15-20 dogs with Comfort & Confidence (#12 Core Value). Always making sure the dogs are having a safe and positive experience by upholding our Dog Safety SOP (#3 Core Value) Part of keeping the dogs safe is attentive observation for that reason phones are not allowed in the play rooms. Maintain a clean work environment which is part of maintaining excellence in everything we do (#9 Core Value) Able to lift up to 50lbs Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time A consistent work ethic Clear, Consistent, Communication
• Comfortable & Confident with open group play.
• Comfortable working around pet hair.
Maintain a level of EXCELLENT customer service.
Understand and operate within the Puppy Paws Service Standards.
Ability to work well under pressure, in a high call volume environment and able to multi task.
Attention to detail and able to take instructions well and a good memory.
Be teachable and actively growing your knowledge and skills through continued education.
Exhibit cooperation and teamwork with ALL departments.
Follow and uphold dress code.
Give tours of the facility and help with Pick-Up & Deliveries as needed.
Work off-site special events
• Receive and place calls to clients for the purpose of scheduling.
- Maintain a level of EXCELLENT customer service
- Compliance and Comprehension of the Training SOP.
- Attention to detail and able to take instructions well and a good memory.
- Be teachable and actively growing your knowledge and skills through continued education.
- Exhibit cooperation and teamwork with ALL departments.
- Client communications are to being done according to Puppy Paws standards.
- Give tours of the facility.
- Work off-site special events as needed.
- Experience conducting group sessions and 1:1 training
- Ability to build strong relationships with dogs and clients
- Leading private training requests
- Effectively deliver formal presentations
- Observe and evaluate dog behaviors to determine the best training methods or solutions to behaviors
- Training with Puppy Paws dog nanny’s on dog safety
- Conduct Temperament Tests for new clients
- Engage and interact with nanny’s and dogs in the play areas daily
- Educate the Puppy Paws Team on behavior and training techniques daily
- Work independently and collaboratively with the team
- Time management and project management skills are vital
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for dogs, a gentle touch and a calm demeanor
- Able to work at a fast pace
- Brushing, Detangling and removing matted hair
- Bathing, providing a safe and positive bathing experience for the dogs. Plus expressing anal grands & Drying the hair
- Tidy Details: Cleaning the ears, Trimming nails, Cleaning & scooping paw pads, Trimming the visor.
- Accommodating special requests from the clients and informing them of any health problems discovered during the grooming process.
- Interpersonal skills: The ability to work well with others, such as other teams in the facility, clients, and fellow groomers
- Analytical skills: The ability to assess the behavior and condition of each dog.
- Physical and mental stamina: The ability to work with large, overly excited, or frightened dogs without getting hurt or injuring the dog
- Familiarity with animal behavior: The ability to determine an animals behavior and use techniques to keep them calm and safe.
- Ability to clean thoroughly,
- Be teachable, take direction, self motivated and willing to work hard
- Ability to walk dogs of all sizes on leashes
- Comfortable working around pet hair
- Team oriented: Always willing to step up and step in to accomplish daily tasks and goals.