This course is currently closed
To become an Academy Certified Trainer, an individual must –
- Have 500 hours working with animals prior to certification based on the type of experience
- Complete the online curriculum
- Take a 150 question test and have a passing score of at least 80%
- OPTION: Can retake the test up to three times. If no satisfactory score is achieved, redo all online curricula before taking it again.
- Submit a video or in-person demonstration with a certified evaluator of the individual training one small dog and one large dog on 5 core cues – the video must be reviewed and approved by ADTS.
- Individuals must demonstrate patience, a positive attitude, compassion for the animal, avoid frustration and physical manipulation
- If all of the above is completed to a satisfactory level, a certificate of completion given
- Provided logo to use on their website